Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Seth Birthday


We have never put our kids in any sports or activities. Mostly because we can't afford it. It is expensive to do soccer, football, baseball, swimming.... and times that by 3.... it just hasn't happened. So I saved up some money and signed Seth up for swimming lessons. I wanted to sign up everyone, but I thought it would be a fun Birthday gift, and then we could see how it goes anyway. I hope to get everyone swimming lessons this summer....
The cake. I bought the molds for this cake LAST year. But i ran out of time to try and make it. Thankfully, Seth is still a major Chess fan, and made the time this year to make this cake for him. It took me several hours over a couple of nights to get it done. The pieces are solid chocolate, the board is fondant, weaved together. I think it turned out great. It was another surprise for him. And he LOVED it!
Seth had a great Birthday. I love it when we can really surprise them. Seth never really asks for anything, but has needed a new bike for a LONG time. But he was content with me telling him that we would try to get him one this summer. He was genuinely surprised to open the door and see this bike with a big red bow.


No comments: